Do you want to know how to fix the water or irrigation pipes? Polyklear Fiberglass + Resin is here to show you how you can do it. We prepare the demo and materials you need for you to be guided accordingly.
Felt tip marker
Sandpaper grit # 100
ACM Blue Glass Fiber E-Chopped Strand Mat 300 or 450
Polyklear R99-201-01 Resin-GP Premix Marine Thixotroped
Butanox M-50 Imported Catalyst
*SAFETY PRECAUTION: Keep the Butanox M-50 Imported Catalyst away from direct sunlight and high-temperature areas. Heat causes its active ingredient to self-decompose which may lead to fire or explosion.
*NOTE: Water/moisture inhibits resin curing. Do not apply when there is a high risk of rain or if the substrate is moist or wet.
II. Surface Preparation
1. Mark the surface area to be prepared: 2 inches all the way around the damage.
2. Abrade the are within the mark using sandpaper; Grit # 100, being careful not to go deep into the PVC. It is important that the surface to be laminated is rough so that the laminate adheres well.
3. Clean the dust and debris off the abraded area and wipe with a rag slightly wet with styrene.
1. Measure and cut out 3 sheets of ACM Blue Glass Fiber E-Chopped Strand Mat 300 or 450 completely covering the damage. Make each succeeding sheet 1/2 inch smaller than the last so the edges of the repair are tapered.
2. In a clean plastic container, weigh out enough resin for the repair. For 1 sqm of surface area, use 1050 grams of Polyklear R99-201-01 Resin-GP Premix Marine Thixotroped.
3. Add Butanox M-50 Imported Catalyst to the resin. For every gram of the resin, add 0.01 gram of the catalyst. Mix thoroughly.
4. Apply the catalyzed resin onto the abraded area using a brush.
5. Lay the largest glass fiber mat on the area to be laminated.
6. Apply the catalyzed resin mixture onto the glass fiber mat, making sure to saturate it thoroughly. Eliminate air bubbles by repeated gentle tapping with the brush tip. The working time for this resin is 8 minutes.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6, decreasing glass fiber mat size with each succeeding layer.
8 Let the applied resin cure for 12-15 minutes.
For all your composite raw materials need Polyklear Fiberglass + Resin is one name you should trust.
Visit us at www.polyklear.com to know more.